Pastel shades are said to be one of the top colour trends for 2019, according to Milan Design Week earlier this year. Described as ‘The New Neutral’, pastels shades are going to be used more than ever next year.
More and more people are ditching the strong, rich colours for interior design and opting for the milky ice-cream colours instead, and we can understand why.
Colours to look out for
Purple was such a popular colour in all the big fashion catwalks in 2018. While UltraViolet was Pantone’s official colour of the year, the softer shades of lilac and lavender have seemed to be transitioning into the world of interiors for 2019.
- Primrose Pink
Millennial Pink is still everywhere but it’s taken a softer approach for 2019. Primrose Pink, Tea Rose and Powder Pink are all beautiful shades that will inject a fresh new look into any room of your home.
Throwing it back to the 1970s, Peach Orange is back according to the IMM Cologne and Stockholm Furniture Fair. It’s predicted to be the new pink and will look fantastic with any neutral colours.
No, not the popular fruit, the colour. Who knew avocado could get any more fashionable? Green has been a popular colour in 2018 and it’s not going anywhere next year.
A beautiful shade for spring and a fantastic way to inject life into any room.
The soft hues of pastel pink, blue, green and lemon are fresh and muted but still add personality to your own space. Different pastel shades are being layered over each other, used on walls and accessories and complimented with metallic hardware for a classy finish. Metals such as rose gold, brass and yellow gold look fantastic against the soft shades, along with patterns like marble and terrazzo.
6 tips to make it your own
- Experiment with shades of pink or lilac together and turn a plain space into an eye-catching feature corner.
- Add hues of peach orange to a grey space to create a mellow but neutral, re-energised space
- Create a soft and relaxing space with shades of mint green and avocado
- Paint an accent wall a soft shade of green or peach to put your stamp into a room
- Inject some new life into a bedroom with new lemon cushions and a new throw just in time for Spring 2019
- Use accessories such as lamps, candles, frames and plants to update your space